Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year's Day everyone =)

I apologize that I've been missing in action over the holidays. I thought I'd have plenty of spare time and I was wrong.However, I did get quite a fair bit of reading done and I hope to post new reviews soon!

I have mixed feelings about the year 2009 but when it comes to books I've read, it was by far one of the best. In total I read about 45 books. It was short of my 50 book goal but the goal was made late in the year, so I believe I can forgive myself.

2009 Highlights
Favourite YA Book of the Year : Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Favourite YA Author of the Year: Maggie Stiefvater
Favourite Children's 2009 Debut Author: Claudia Osmond - Smudge's Mark
Favourite YA 2009 Debut Author: Megan Crewe - Give Up the Ghost
Favourite Children's Series of 2009: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Favourite YA Series of 2009: Tie between The Immortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare and The Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins


And finally, what new year post would be complete without some goals?

So here are mine for 2010!

Blog Related
1) Post more reviews!
2) Host a contest soon


Book Related
1)Read at least 75 books this year
2)At least 30 of those being debut titles- more about that in my 2010 Debut Author Challenge Post
3)Read and Spotlight more Torkidlit authors


Personal
1)Write more. Much much more.
2)Be healthier
3)Reduce slackage in my last year at University of Toronto(Woot!). I'd eliminate it...but then leisure reading would suffer ;)


Wishing you all the best in the new year!
Cheers,
Miss Dormer at The Novel Emporium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails