Friday, November 27, 2009

About The Novel Emporium



About Me

My name is Sara and although I am not a child, nor do I believe that I even qualify to be a 'young-adult' anymore, you will be sure to find me browsing the latest teen titles and pushing past the kiddies with their adorable "you're-way-too-old-to-be-in-this-section" expressions in the 'ages 9-12' section of the nearest Chapters book store.

Although I enjoy my fair share of classics, I mostly read YA and children's books because to put it simply, I love them. Although these genres are the subject of much unjustified criticism; arguing at length in it's defense is rather time-consuming. Luckily for me, one my favourite authors of young adult literature, sums up it up quite splendidly: YA is for teens and anyone who's ever been one - Maggie Stiefvater

When I'm not reading, I can be found: Feeding,medicating,walking,cleaning up after or restraining animals at a Mississauga animal clinic, in the penalty box of one of the city's many fine arenas, in a dance studio trying not to look like I've been playing 14 years of ungraceful hockey, at UofT Mississauga Campus -not- writing my essays until the very last minute or I'm usually at home, working on my story with a cat, a dog, and a crazy one and a half year old sister to terrorize me in the process.

All of my ratings are located on goodreads.com . The Novel Emporium reviews are of books which I have read in recent months only because I do not believe it would be fair for me to write a lengthier review on a book I read years ago. However, as I tend to re-read often, there is a possibility the re-reads will receive reviews here too.

If you are curious to see -ALL- of the novels I have read...please click the following link

My Goodreads.com Account

About The Novel Emporium

For the time being, this blog is a place where I can keep track of my reads, provide at least one reader's opinion on books that others may be considering to pick up next and keep like-minded readers informed of new releases and book related events. In time, I hope to incorporate author interviews, contests and the like.

Contact

For questions, suggestions, or information on my review policy, please contact thenovelemporium@gmail.com

Cheers,

Sara


Related Posts with Thumbnails